Rotary is an international organisation of business and professional men and women from all nations and cultures united to better their communities. You can be part of a global organisation that enables men and women to turn conversations into actions.
The Rotary Club of Brisbane Planetarium (now Paddington) was formed by District Governor Rev Allan Male (1985-86) and his vision was to establish the first breakfast club in Queensland. The Club has a rich history of achievements:
- The first breakfast club in Queensland
- The founding of the Rotary Clubs of Paddington/Red Hill, Bardon and Nauru
- The formation of six Probus Clubs (PROBUS CLUB of FOREST PLACE – DURACK INC 1st Meeting 18th July 1994, Taringa, Chapel Hill, Indooroopilly, Indooroopilly West and Paddington)
- The first female member of Rotary in Queensland (1989)
- The first female District Governor (District D9600) – Judy Magub
- Director of Rotary International (2008-10) – member John Lawrence
- Changed Name to Rotary Club of Paddington (2019)
The Rotary Club of Paddington ex Brisbane Planetarium meets on a weekly basis to hear quality speakers, plan projects, network and socialize. We attract frequent visitors including members of other clubs as well as interstate and international visitors and presenters.
To find out how you can become a member contact us today.